Grzegorz Zurek, PhD, Professor, Head of the Department of Neuroscience at Wroclaw Sport University, Poland, joins the Scientific Advisory Board of ICNW.
The official video of the "Nordic Walking 20 Years" Celebration Event in Finland published!
Kari Kalliokoski, adjunct professor, exercise physiologist and senior researcher at the University of Turku, joins the Scientific Advisory Board of ICNW.
Minna Huotilainen, neuroscientist and cognitive scientist at the Universities of Uppsala and Helsinki, joins the Scientific Advisory Board of ICNW.
Nordic Walking 20 Years!
The 20th anniversary celebrations of Nordic Walking in Finland, August 4-6, 2017: International Congress, Nordic Walk Finland -event etc.
Follow our Facebook pages to get the latest news and details about the International Nordic Walking Congress – and the whole "Nordic Walking 20 Years" Celebration Event!
August 4. The 1st Congress day
- Jarmo Ahonen: Does it matter how we walk? Principles of biomechanics in human walking
- Tiina Arrankoski: Modern Nordic Walking – spiral stabilized movement
- Mika Venojärvi: Measurement of oxygen uptake with portable equipment during walking and Nordic Walking
- Sampo Idstam: Pilates with Nordic Walking poles
August 5. The 2nd Congress day
- Tuulia Luomala / Mika Pihlman: The role of thoracolumbar fascia in Nordic Walking
- Tuomo Kettunen: Increasing the energy expenditure with a good Modern Nordic Walking technique
- Kari Kalliokoski: High intensive training for Nordic Walking
- Silvia Talana & Michela Colagiovanni: Modern Yoga – another way to regenerate the body after a Nordic Walking session
(* Eventual transport costs not included in the Event’s package, bus transport available.)
See the presentation of the lecturers here.
International Nordic Walking Congress
Solvalla Sports Institute, Espoo, Finland, August 4-5, 2017.
Part of the "Nordic Walking 20 Years" Anniversary Celebration Event.
The Congress was for: scientists, Nordic Walking Coaches, Trainers and Instructors, for all Nordic Walking enthusiasts, for everybody interested in Nordic Walking.
Languages: English and Finnish
Organizers: International Council of Nordic Walking ry (ICNW) and Suomen Latu ry, in collaboration with the World Modern Nordic Walking Academy ry.